Saturday, March 25, 2006

Chick Tracts

I LOVE to use Chick tracts for witnessing because I think they're more interesting than the regular tracts that only have words on them. Chick tracts come in all different languages. I carry English, Spanish, and Chinese because those are the types of restaurants that we frequent. Since it's just the two of us, Mr. Wonderful and I like to eat out quite a bit so we use our meal out as a non-confrontational witnessing opportunity. We leave a Chick tract with our tip--and please be generous when you tip because it's a poor Christian testimony to be hard to please or to leave a stingy tip. I also leave them in public restrooms and laundromats. I've even left one at a self-serve car wash......I weighted it down with enough quarters for one wash. There are tons of places that you can leave them if you think creatively about it. Don't let anyone tell you that 'tracts don't work anymore' because I KNOW for a fact that they do!

In the last state we lived in, there was a certain chinese restaurant that we used to frequent.....there were times that we were in there once a week. The owners and staff didn't speak English very well and I don't speak Chinese at all so, even though it was a buffet, we still left a tip so that we could leave a tract(in Chinese,
click here to see it for yourself). Well, the next time we came back, the lady(named Helen) told me in broken English "That she had read the little book and ask Jesus as Saviour" I was so thrilled! Because of the Chick tract the language difference wasn't a barrier and now we're sisters in Christ. I went on-line and bought her a Chinese Bible and gave it to her the next time we went there to eat. That story thrills me every time I think about it!

I really think people appreciate the fact that you care enough about them to a) tell them about Christ and b) Give them something in their own language. Very few people refuse to take the tract and it's a way that I can be a witness without being offensive or when I don't have time to get into a conversation, or I don't speak their language.

Some people are great at witnessing in a confrontational way, but I'm not one of them, so tracts are a way to fulfill the command to share the gospel. I'm not commanded to make sure they receive Christ but I am commanded to share my faith.....the results I leave up to God.

Here are some of my favourite Chick tracts, click on the links and you can read them for yourself. (and boy did it take a long time to do all of those links! LOL)

**This Was Your Life
**Flight 144
**Busted!
**The Outcast
**A Demon's Nightmare
**Somebody Goofed
**The Empty Tomb
**Greatest Story Ever Told
**Holy Joe
**Hi There!
**War Zone
**The Accident
**Love The Jewish People
**Murph
**Best Friend (great for children)
**The Visitors