Friday, March 24, 2006

It's Friday and I Feel Better----YEA!!!

Whew......this has been a long couple of weeks for me. I have had this flu or whatever it is that's been going around and it has taken me 12 days before I began to feel somewhat normal again. Other than a runny nose and a slight cough, I'm much better; however, my house is in terrible shape, so that's what I've been spending the last couple of days doing. While sick, I kept up with the bare minimum such as laundry, loading the dishwasher and emptying it but other than that, I wasn't able to do much else. I'm on day 14 of this and I've been told that it takes about 3-4 weeks for the cough to totally go away. I tell you what, I'm thankful for an over-the-counter product called 'Mucinex' because if I hadn't taken it, I think I would have ended up with pneumonia.

I am so thankful for my WONDERFUL husband because he's taken such good care of me even though he often works long hours......although I bet he's glad to get back to me cooking meals instead of buying convenience foods. I haven't been this sick in years! On top of which we have been hooking into the city sewer lines this week so our back yard has been a mess and part of the fence was taken down......we have 3 large dogs (whom we adore!) and let me tell you, walking 3 dogs on a leash several times a day, while sick, is NOT my idea of a good time! Thankfully they're done and the fence is back up....of course the back yard is full of mud so everytime the dogs go out their feet are covered in mud. Oh well......at least it's all done and the fence is back up and.....did I mention that I'm finally feeling better?! (o;

Anyway, I'm so glad it's Friday because Mr. Wonderful and I will get to spend some time together. I'm making stuffed shells for dinner and trying to get the house all shiny and clean so that we can enjoy it together this weekend......I can't wait!! *sigh*