Monday, April 17, 2006

Home-Sweet-Home Meme

What is your favourite room in your home? Why? What is it like?

*This is hard because I really like all of our home.....but I'd have to answer our living room. We bought a brand new red leather sofa and 2 chairs that coordinate with the sofa (we had the chairs upolstered with fabric that we chose). The room has a book case that my grandfather made for my grand mother out of real cherry wood and in the corner on a big easel is a needle point taken from the famous painting 'A Young Girl Reading' (you can see this at the
Ladies Against Feminism site in their header). I watched my grandmother make it when I was a young girl....I treasure it and it is BEAUTIFUL!! The walls are a rich, golden yellow which plays nicely off of the red accents. We also have my childhood piano in there (even though I don't really play). I also love our dining room. We recently bought a beautiful new dining table and chairs and I love the crystal chandelier that I bought on-line. The dining room is the first thing you see when you walk into our home.

What is your least favourite room in your home? Why? Can you bear to share?

*Our upstairs bathroom. Our house was built in 1963 and the wallpaper is the original wallpaper. Our bathtub, sink and toilet are blue.....once we change those things it will be nice.

In which room do you spend most time? Why?

*Since starting my blog, that would be the upstairs bedroom/office! LOL Honestly, we use all of our house. Our home is a tri-level that's about 2300 square feet and we use all of it!

Which room do you try to avoid? Why?

*There isn't one.......decorating is a process and I decided long ago that I wasn't going to only like the 'perfectly decorated' rooms in our home.


What was the last thing you bought for your home?

*A lovely towel set for our downstairs bathroom. Some pictures for the same bathroom. Then I used a small, old round table that was in my grandmother's house, in a corner. Then I put some silk, purple hydrangeas in a vase with marbles and a candle and some potpourri on the table. My husband said that when I was done that the room was transformed.....which made me glow! (o:

What was the last thing you made for your home?

*I don't sew but I'm pretty good at figuring out other uses for items, instead of what they're intended for.

Name one pet hate that you think makes for a less sweet home.

*Papers everywhere and things that are not put away.

Specify one quick tip for a home sweeter home!

*Be satisfied with where you're at in life. Everything in your home may not be 'ideal' but it's your lovely spirit that makes it 'home' for your family. Beautiful decor without a lovely spirit is dry and stilted.....and it just sucks the beauty right out of your home.


I tag anyone willing to post in the comments section or with a link to her own blog! :o)

Hat tip:
Mrs. Wilt