Friday, March 31, 2006

The B-I-B-L-E Yes, that's the book for me!

A Guest Post By Mrs. R:

I wanted to share some ideas to jam-pack your day full of God’s word.

Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
Psalm 119:11 "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."

~Listen to the Bible on CD/cassette in the car.

~Watch the Bible on DVD. I do enjoy my KJV on DVD. At around $30 for the entire Bible this is a deal. My Bible on CD cost around $80. And the DVD Bible is only 2 DVD’s .

Check it out at
http://www.biblesondvd.com/ .


~Listen to the Bible on CD or cassette in the kitchen.


~Write verses on notecards and keep the notecards in your purse. When you are in line somewhere take a card out and work on memorizing a verse.


~ Have the kids read the Bible to you.


~ Keep a Bible in the bathroom.


~ Post scriptures around the house.
Colossians 3:16 - "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly........"


Webster’s 1828 Dictionary defines 'dwell' as:

DWELL, v.i. pret. dwelled, usually contracted into dwelt. [See Dally.]

1. To abide as a permanent resident, or to inhabit for a time; to live in a place; to have a habitation for some time or permanence.


I would love to hear how you incorporate Bible reading and memorization into your daily life.