Thursday, March 16, 2006

Why The Name 'Be Not Conformed'?

When I became a Christian, I heard a preacher once say that you should pray and ask God to give you a life verse. The verses God gave me were Romans 12:1,2 which says: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." To me, it seemed to sum up the basics of the Christian life. I've heard some people say that God gave them a certain verse for a while and then He changed it, but that hasn't been the case for me. I've been saved for almost 13 years and mine has stayed the same. Do you have a life verse? If so let me know what it is in the comments and if not and you'd like a life's verse, pray and ask God for one. God has promised to give wisdom to any Christian who asks for it (James 1:5) and the Bible is the Christian's source for wisdom.